With Thanksgiving tomorrow I thought I would share 17 things I am thankful for this year since it’s 2017! I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving and that you spend it with those you love!
1. Family: The number one thing I am most thankful for this year and always is my family. Without them I don’t know where I would be in this world and I love them beyond words. My family has been through all my ups and downs and I am forever grateful for all that they have done and continue to do for me everyday.
2. Friends: My friends are so important to me since they’ve been through so much of my life with me. They complete me and are able to make me smile when times are tough. Y’all know who you are. Some of you guys are pictured down below who have been through it all with me. I love each of you guys so much and I am beyond thankful we all crossed paths.
3. My Pets: For those who know me know I love my pets more than people sometimes! I have always grown up having them in my life and I am so grateful for that because I feel like my animals have taught me to live the best life I possibly can while I am on this Earth. They have also taught me to love myself due to the love they give me whenever I am with them.
4. Health: My health has become a big part of my life now. I used to not care about what I ate or about myself. Once I went through some stomach issues, it was a big wake up call for me to begin taking care of myself because I’m the only one in control of that. Thankfully, I have been able to become so much healthier and I think this is the healthiest I’ve ever been in my life.
5. Education: Education is something I have always valued. It seemed to be my escape throughout high school so that is why I’ve come to love it! I have had some amazing teachers over the years who have helped me in so many ways that I could never forget. And shoutout to my girl Lori who had been my savior through high school! Love you!
6. Opportunities: Over the last few years I have been given amazing opportunities that have changed my life for the better and I am so glad that they have come my way. With those opportunities I have grown so much as a person and have learned to look at the positives in life because of them.
7. Support: Support is a big part of my life and luckily I have a lot of it! I’ve had my ups and downs, I’ve been through hell and back, but I’ve had support through it all. And to those who have supported me through my hard times thank you, you guys are truly my rock.
8. Love: Just like support, I have a lot of love in my life. And I am truly thankful for all the love I’ve gotten over the years for the decisions I’ve made.
9. Mindset: I am so grateful for the mindset I have been given. I am the type of person who is determined and driven to do the best and be the best and it all comes back to my mindset. I have big plans for my life and I am thankful that my mindset continues to support my life plans.
10. Opportunity to Travel: This is something I really love and I am truly grateful for a family who takes the time to travel together. We have made some amazing memories that I could never forget and we’ve been to some beautiful places that are breathtaking. Wether it’s a big or small trip, anywhere is an adventure to me so I am grateful for any destination that comes my way!
11. Los Angeles: Oh Los Angeles I am beyond thankful for you. I love this city so so so much. I have changed since I’ve moved here, but I’ve also found myself. Yes, that may sound crazy but I truly believe I’ve discovered myself. I’ve found my limits, my independency, and I’ll be forever grateful for this city that I’ve grown to love and become a part of. Los Angeles will always hold a piece of my heart no matter where I go later on.
12. Happiness: Happiness is something I value a lot and I am truly grateful for it. I believe being happy is the best thing in life and everyone should strive to find what makes them the most happy in life. For me, I’ve found that and I am once again so grateful for my happiness during this hectic time in the world.
13. The Internet: Don’t get me wrong I feel like this is something we all should be thankful for because without the internet I’m not sure where any of us would be! I am also thankful for it because it plays a HUGE role in my major and will always affect my life in some way or another.
14. Attending FIDM: I felt FIDM deserved its own number since I will always be grateful for FIDM. FIDM has introduced me into a world I would have never thought possible. For me to be going to an arts school like FIDM, is a dream come true because I’m not fit for a state/private college. It has challenged me in many ways, yet I am grateful for the challenges it has presented me! FIDM has also introduced me to the most amazing and selfless people I have ever met who have become my close friends in college. I’m also thankful for the educators I’ve met at FIDM because they are truly amazing and inspiring!
15. Music: Music has always been something I am thankful for. It relaxes me when I’m stressed, makes me study and get homework done much faster than not listening to it! It also pushed me in the gym to workout harder. And during my long car rides home, it has allowed me to have my own concerts lol.
16. Coffee: Before I started college, I never drank coffee and had not been a fan of it. Oh boy, once I began classes it became my best friend. I love coffee so much now and I am thankful for the limited motivation it gives me on my busy days! So, thank you coffee and the Coffee Bean in DTLA for supplying me with my favorite morning boost!
17. My followers: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love my followers so much because it makes me feel like I’m doing something right with this blog lol! In all honesty, I’m so thankful for each and everyone of you guys who read my blog and supports it because I never would have imagined I’d create this blog and be interacting with such wonderful people. I hope I am able to continue to inspire and interact with you guys as time goes on and as SLO 2 LA continues to grow. So once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart❤️
With this post, I really want you guys to take the time to think and even write down some things you guys are grateful for! And feel free to share some in the comments below!
With love, Sydney